-

Monday, May 21, 2012

Shrinky Dink Necklace - Teacher Gift

Hey Strangers! I know, I know, I have been MIA lately. Sorry and without warning. We have had some crazy couple of weeks here. My youngest daughter had a scare and we have been a little worried. To make a long story short, she is 7 and lost her ability to speak for about 5 minutes along with tingling on her right side. :( So very scary. The CT scan was normal but we will be having an EEG, MRI, hormone testing done and seeing a neurologist too. My oldest daughter had 3 similar events so we will be testing her also. I am praying that it is just a hormone imbalance and panic attack. Please keep my family in your prayers as we try to figure all this out.

Also, I was working on my kiddos school yearbook. It turned out great.

Ok on to what I am sharing today.  The kids have 9 days of school left and we have been working on teacher gifts. 
...What you will need...
Ink Jet Shrinky Dink Papers
Image downloads
Colored Pencils
Hole Punch
Necklace
Jewelry Gems
Jewelry making supplies

First start by saving the files below. 
Personal Use only. I do not have rights to these images!
I removed our teacher names on these so you can add in your own.

Print the images on your Shrinky Dink Ink Jet paper. Have the kiddos help you color them in with their colored pencils. 
Don't forget to have the kids write on the backs. Their names, year and some cute decorations.
Cut out, hole punch and cook in the oven. 290 degrees until images shrink and lay flat.
Now you can start making your jewelry. Use your tools to add rings to the shrinky dink teacher pieces. Then start adding them and gems to a necklace. Wrap them up for he last day of school. ;)
Here are a couple up close pics.
We plan on making some key chains with these too. So I will share those soon. Hope you like what we shared today!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute. I'll have to remember this for next yr. I never thought of using my shrinky dink for a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so sweet Tara! You and your girls are in my thoughts.
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Thank you for sharing :)

    Praying that your girls are okay!

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea, I will have to see if the grandchildren can make them. TFS. Kindest regards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. We appreciate every comment and try to reply via email to as many as we can. Have a fantastic day!

UPDATE...Sorry I had to update my comments to be approved. Spam is now getting through. :(